NATSIHWA receives questions about the registration process through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Whilst NATSIHWA doesn’t process registrations, we do provide information about registration with the paperwork needing to be submitted through the AHPRA process (see AHPRA website). We do strongly recommend you check the status of the RTO accreditation before enrolling or graduating from your course. VISIT the AHPRA website www.ahpra.gov.au
The Accreditation Committee started to accredit Registered Training Organisations (RTO) and programs under the National Law in 2012. Please note that accredited programs need to be approved by the Board before graduates can be registered.
The Accreditation Committee has assessed the following RTO’s and their delivery of the HLT40213 Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice qualification and accredited their HLT40213 programs:
- Aboriginal Health College at its Little Bay, New South Wales campus
- Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia at its Adelaide, South Australia campus
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia at its Highgate, Western Australia campus
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education at its Batchelor, Northern Territory campus
- Bega Garnbirringu Health Service Incorporated at its Kalgoorlie, Western Australia campus
- Health Industry Training at its Hervey Bay, Queensland campus
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Council at its Broome, Western Australia campus
- Marr Mooditj Training Inc at its Waterford, Western Australia campus
- TAFE NSW at its Albury, Dubbo, Griffith, Kingswood, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga, New South Wales campuses
- TAFE Queensland at its Cairns, Townsville (Pimlico), Mt Isa and Thursday Island, Queensland campuses
- Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation at its South Hedland, Western Australia campus
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation Inc at its Collingwood, Victoria campus
Whilst there are a small number of RTO's awaiting approval from AHPRA it is wise for students to check with their current RTO if they are a student or make contact with one of the approved RTO's above. It is worth noting the Accreditation Committee started to accredit RTO's and programs under the National Law in 2014.